Planning matters are already underway in 2018
The most immediate is this Monday 15th January 2017 when the Westfield Road, Toftwood Lanpro/Glavenhill 291+ Homes Application is at the Planning Committee meeting at Breckland. We are and the Parish Council will be speaking against this – and if as many people can come and support those opposing this application then that would be great. The Meeting starts at 9.30pm at Breckland Offices. If you can come that would help no end to show the Planning Committee the strength of opposition, the Application is the first one on the Agenda. The main issues are:
- Traffic congestion on the Westfield Road bridge, Tesco roundabout and Tavern Lane junctions, already at breaking point; and
- Over-development on the southern side of Toftwood leading down to the Tud River, with the real risk of groundwater and sewerage contamination of the River Tud that is Yaxham’s northern parish boundary and threatens the SSSI at Badley Moor
- Schools, GP surgeries are already full and over-stretched, so how can this site, away from the centre of Dereham be sustainable?
- Breckland Officers are recommending approval – so all to fight for on this one, if you can join us please
- The Gladman Mattishall appeal was heard on Tuesday – our district cllr Paul Claussen spoke in support of Mattishall and against the appeal, as did County Cllr Bill Borrett – and we now await the Inspector’s report;
- We’re awaiting news on the land behind Elm Close to see whether a detailed planning application has been submitted
- Yaxham Waters has applied to convert the bungalow there to two holiday cottages and a warden’s home, not hugely contentious, but should not be allowed until the sewerage has been sorted out once and for all
Parish Charity and Parish Council Meeting:
Yaxham Parish Charity & Parish Council meetings on 25th January from 7pm looking at community benefit projects in Yaxham following the 25th November village consultation event – will they agree in-principle to unlock £100k of parish funds over the next 5 years? Come and see and make your views heard.
Here’s wishing you and your family a healthy and successful 2018 – and to the community working together to resist inappropriate development, whilst encouraging significant community projects for the benefit of all who live and work in the parish of Yaxham.