What does the Parish Council do……
The following are some of the areas of work of the Parish Council:
- Commenting to Breckland Council on planning applications
- Liaison with Highways on road maintenance problems
- Installation of SAM2 vehicle speed sign (in partnership with Highways)
- Installation of a public access defibrillator at Yaxham village hall (donated by East of England Co-Op)
- Grounds maintenance contracts for Jubilee Park playing field, Pinns Lane and Pinns’ Corner
- Provision of dog waste bins, planters and noticeboards
- Liaison with Norfolk County Council and Konectbus to get a new bus stop at Clint Green
- Footpath issues and maintenance
- (This)village website
- The Trustee of Yaxham Parish Charity
- And – NP4Yaxham Neighbourhood Plan through its Sub-committee – NP4Yaxham Working Group
for more information see www.np4yaxham.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Clerk.
If there is something that you would like to see the Parish Council do, please contact the Clerk.
Who runs the Parish Council?
Parish Councils are the first tier of local governement. All Yaxham councillors are independent of any political party. The seven councillors are elected for four years. By-elections or co-options may be held/made to fill vacancies occurring between elections. The next election of all Parish Council seats will be held in May 2019. A Chairman is elected by the councillors each year and controls the business of the Parish Council meetings. All decisions are taken by the councillors at Parish Council meetings which are open to the public. The Parish Clerk is employed by the Parish Council and she prepares agenda, takes minutes, advises the councillors on their legal responsibilities, carries out the decisons of the Council and administers the Council’s finances.
Yaxham Parish Council sets an annual Parish Precept which is collected by Breckland Council as part of the Council Tax payment. See notices, statements and returns below.
Feedback from residents is vitally important if your Parish Council is to reflect your views. Please come along to a Parish Council meeting, speak to a councillor or contact the Clerk.