What does the Parish Council do…
The following are some of the areas of work of the Parish Council:
- Commenting to Breckland Council on planning applications
- Liaison with Highways on road maintenance problems
- Installation of SAM2 vehicle speed sign (in partnership with Highways)
- Installation of a public access defibrillator at Yaxham village hall (donated by East of England Co-Op)
- Grounds maintenance contracts for Jubilee Park playing field, Pinns Lane and Pinns’ Corner
- Provision of dog waste bins, planters and noticeboards
- Liaison with Norfolk County Council and Konectbus to get a new bus stop at Clint Green
- Footpath issues and maintenance
- (This)village website
- The Trustee of Yaxham Parish Charity
- And – NP4Yaxham Neighbourhood Plan through its sub-committee – NP4Yaxham Working Group
for more information see www.np4yaxham.com or email email@example.com or contact the Clerk.
If there is something that you would like to see the Parish Council do, please contact the Clerk.
Who runs the Parish Council?
Parish Councils are the first tier of local government. All Yaxham councillors are independent of any political party. The seven councillors are elected for four years. By-elections or co-options may be held/made to fill vacancies occurring between elections. The last election of all Parish Council seats was held in May 2023 – the next will be in May 2027. A Chairman is elected by the councillors each year and controls the business of the Parish Council meetings. All decisions are taken by the councillors at Parish Council meetings which are open to the public. The Parish Clerk is employed by the Parish Council and prepares agenda, takes minutes, advises the councillors on their legal responsibilities, carries out the decisions of the Council and administers the Council’s finances.
Yaxham Parish Council sets an annual Parish Precept which is collected by Breckland Council as part of the Council Tax payment. See notices, statements and returns on the Finance page.
Feedback from residents is vitally important if your Parish Council is to reflect your views. Please come along to a Parish Council meeting, speak to a councillor or contact the Clerk.
Garden waste (lawn turf trimmings) have been deposited in the ditch opposite’The Meadows’ (new house) on Spring Lane Clint Green. This has been done during last 7 days. Please investigate.
Dear Chris, Many thanks for alerting us to this. The Parish Council will investigate.